How to drop tables from a database in phpMyAdmin
This article will demonstrate how to drop (permanently delete) tables from a database in phpMyAdmin. This will delete the table and everything in it.
WARNING! Dropping tables in your database permanently deletes the table and all the data stored in that table. Make sure that none of your applications or websites rely on information contained in the table(s) you are deleting.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel or Plesk.
- Select the database you wish to work with (from the list of databases on the left column when on the phpMyAdmin home page).
- A list of tables will appear in the left column and in the wider right column.
- Check the table(s) you wish to drop (permanently delete).
- In the drop down box that initially says "With selected:" select "Drop" from this list.
- It will ask you if you really want to drop the table(s). Check to make sure you selected the tables you really want to delete.
- Click on Yes to drop (delete) the table.
At this point, the table has been dropped from the database, including everything that used to be in it.