Add Moderators For A Mailing List
About mailing list moderators
A moderator is a privileged user who generally controls activities on the mailing list. Typically, the responsibilities of a moderator may include
- regulating subscriptions to the list,
- reviewing and filtering message postings etc.
- In some cases, posting to a mailing list can also be limited to the moderators
Adding Moderators for a mailing list
When you create a mailing list, you need to specify at least one moderator. However, you can choose to add multiple users as moderators for a mailing list at any time. To add moderators -
- Go to Mail >> Manage Mailing Lists in your control panel.
- Click on the list for which you wish to add moderators.
- On the settings tab that follows, click on Add Moderators.
- Enter the email addresses of the users you wish to set as moderators, and click on Add.
Removing Moderators from a mailing list
You can remove specific users as moderators from a mailing list. However, at least one moderator must be specified for each list. To remove any additional moderators
- Navigate to the mailing list settings tab as described above
- Identify the email address of the moderator you wish to dismiss, and click on Remove.